As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, we want to assure you that we are taking significant precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from public health officials.
Our Guidance from the Experts
We continue to follow the expert advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and are closely monitoring updates from the National Institutes of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), the North Carolina Division of Health and Human Services, and the local county Health Departments where we serve children and families across the region.
New information is released daily, and we continue to update our health and safety practices according to guidance as it changes.
Some of the extra measures we are implementing to protect the health of children, families, and our staff.
- In response to Covid-19 we are now offering virtual sessions for all therapy services.
In clinics and community settings
- Actively reinforcing the preventive measures outlined by the CDC and providing additional hand sanitizing stations, and hand sanitizing practices before and after each session with each child.
- Enhancing our cleaning protocols to give focused attention to all surfaces, waiting rooms, door handles, tools, toys, and common areas with cleaning products/ingredients recommended by EPA for coronavirus.
- Regular professional germ fogging of all facilities for added protection.
- Health Screenings and Temperature checks of patients and attending caregivers prior to proceeding with in-person sessions.
- Health screenings and Temperature checks of staff at the start of each day.
- Ceasing the use of our waiting rooms by having parents and siblings either waiting in their vehicles during sessions or having parents accompany children directly into private therapy rooms upon check in to clinics to eliminate extended close contact with those other than your child’s therapist.
- Posting signage in our facilities to remind people how they can help slow the spread of illness.
- Supporting the NCDHHS #StaystrongNC campaign for the 3Ws. Wear (mask/facecover), Wash (hands), Wait (6ft apart).
- Requiring the use of face covers or masks for those entering clinics who are over 5 years of age (with recommendations for masks ages 2 & up), unless an exception applies, according to the NC Governor's executive order.
- Reaching out to families before making home visits and while confirming clinic appointments to screen for exposure and any symptoms prior to appointment.
- Rescheduling appointments as tele-health/virtual sessions if exposure or symptoms are present in the child, other family members, or therapist.
- Offering telehealth/virtual options for all therapy services as allowed by NC Medicaid and other Insurers.
We are in this together!
We recognize that on-going school and childcare schedule limitations, closings, as well as hybrid virtual and in-person learning schedules continue to create additional strain for parents and children whose daily routines have been altered and disrupted. During this trying time, we want to be available to you and to help keep routines as normal as possible for your children, while also keeping health and safety as our top priority.
Thank you for trusting us with the care of your child and family and for helping us to keep everyone healthy and safe. We are in this together. We love you!
The Carolina Pediatric Therapy Family
For more information on our Protocol to Reduce Exposure to COVID-19 and Virtual Therapy click the buttons below.