What is Pediatric Behavioral Health?
Behavioral Health Services cover a wide range of interventions aimed at improving a child, teen, and family’s overall emotional well-being. Interventions include different types of therapy that range from family therapy, parent training, group or individual therapy for a child or adolescent.
At Carolina Pediatric Therapy, you and your family partner with our pediatric behavioral health therapists in creating a treatment plan that best fits your child or family’s needs. Our clinicians are trained to work with children and teens in various treatment models (cognitive behavioral therapy, solution-focused, positive psychology, or mindfulness-based), as well as evidence-based treatments (treatments supported by positive research outcomes), including Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Who Can Benefit From Working With Pediatric Behavioral & Mental Health Professionals?
Anyone can suffer from mental health challenges and display negative behaviors. At Carolina Pediatric Therapy, we focus on having the best pediatric psychologists and therapists to support children & families as they navigate life’s challenges. Our Behavioral Health services can be especially beneficial for children & youth experiencing anxiety, traumatic stress, depression, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), and learning challenges such as dyslexia, math & reading learning disabilities.
What Happens When You Start Working With Carolina Peds?
Our community of staff and therapists become invested with you.
Get Help From The Best Child Behavioral Therapists
From the beginning, our behavioral health therapists work collaboratively with you to provide the best care possible for your child(ren).
Our child and teen therapists are:
- Person-centered: Our therapists focus on building a trusting and positive relationship with your child and your family; our therapists are encouraging of letting you take an active role in your treatment while being supportive and empathic throughout the process.
- Solution-focused: Our therapists focus on goals and strengths, we help you identify resources, barriers, and strengths toward reaching your goals.
- Family-oriented: Our therapists work with parents on techniques to address their child’s needs and work collaboratively with the family throughout the therapy process.
- Team-oriented: When your family works with Carolina Peds, they benefit from the strengths and talents of everyone on our team. We work as a team to ensure the best care possible. We also collaborate with therapists at Carolina Peds that work in other disciplines such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, or physical therapy to build consistency in care.
- Lifelong learners: Our therapists believe in using evidence-based practices, techniques that are proven to work for families through scientific research, and are constantly seeking opportunities to learn about new and effective strategies.
What to Expect at Your First Visit With Our Pediatric Behavioral Therapists:
When you schedule your first appointment, you will receive an email with even more information and details to help you prepare. Our behavioral health therapists reserve 90 minutes for your first visit with Carolina Pediatric Therapy. They will first spend time helping you with paperwork, behavioral health policies, their role, and answering any questions you may have about their training and experience.
Next, our mental health professionals will guide you through a series of questions to help identify areas of growth and strengths. Finally, they will set goals with you based on your child’s needs and strengths.
Schedule today: (828) 398-0043
Serving: Asheville, Brevard, Hendersonville, and Waynesville.
A behavioral health emergency is an immediate/imminent threat of harm to ones self or others which would likely result in 911 being contacted, mobile crisis, and/or having the client evaluated at the nearest emergency room.
If this is a Medical Emergency, dial 911 immediately.