Discuss the proper ways to carry a backpack with your Child
» Tighten the straps to where the bottom of the backpack hits at the child’s waistline
» Always wear two straps when carrying the backpack
» Clip the hip and/or chest belt(s) to provide more support
- Boston University. 2020. Campus Life 101: Backpack Safety. [online] Available at: <http://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/backpack-safety-101/> [Accessed 13 May 2020].
- Parekh, S., Vaghela, N., Padsala, D. and Patel, D., 2019. Effect of backpack loading on cervical and sagittal shoulder posture in standing and after dynamic activity in school going children. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, 8(3), p.1076.
- Ahmad, H. and Barbosa, T., 2019. The effects of backpack carriage on gait kinematics and kinetics of schoolchildren. Scientific Reports, 9(1).
- Perrone, M., Orr, R., Hing, W., Milne, N. and Pope, R., 2018. The Impact of Backpack Loads on School Children: A Critical Narrative Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(11), p.2529.
- Pigman, J., Sullivan, W., Leigh, S. and Hosick, P., 2017. The Effect of a Backpack Hip Strap on Energy Expenditure While Walking. Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 59(8), pp.1214-1221.
- Orthoinfo.aaos.org. 2020. Backpack Safety - Preventing Injury - Orthoinfo - AAOS. [online] Available at: <https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/backpack-safety/> [Accessed 13 May 2020].
Want to know how a Therapist can Help?
Call (828) 398 0043 or click on the schedule button.